Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happiness

Last night and this morning were great, even though I felt really nauseous all day yesterday and woke up with a kink in my neck this morning. I wasn't able to go to the dinner for the relief society broadcast yesterday because I wasn't feeling well, but I watched it online. It made me feel better about a lot of things and helped me to not feel so down. Also Joe made dinner for me, which he has been doing a lot of lately. He really has been taking care of me and I appreciate it. Life certainly isn't perfect for us, but we are so blessed. I really do have an awesome husband who helps me out in so many ways. I am a much better person today because I married him. He helps me to see the good in people and give them the benefit of the doubt -and also helps me to not easily take offense.

I know I'm rambling, but I'm going to continue to do so. I was excited to go to church today because I felt too sick to go last week. I woke up with a really bad kink in my neck and didn't think I would be able to go this week either. Joe helped me to get to sacrament meeting though and I'm so glad that we did. It was the primary program today and they did a great job. I really felt the spirit throughout the program and am so glad that they do it every year.

We also have some great news - I'm pregnant- almost 11 weeks now which explains the not feeling very well right? Things are going well so far and we are really excited, but also scared out of our minds! We know it won't be easy, but it will be worth it and we are excited to start this new part of our lives.


Also Joe and I will be in our stake Christmas play in December. Joe isn't that excited about it, but he'll do a great job. He kind of got roped into doing it since he was one of two men to show up at the audition. He had just come to offer to help with sound. I guess he learned his lesson! He is playing the part of Joseph and I will be Mary. We both have singing parts and I'm excited and nervous about that. I'm glad Joe has been encouraging me to use my singing talent and I am trying to work on being ok with it.

I loved the talk in the broadcast last night that Elder Uchtdorf gave. I especially like the analogy about the golden ticket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I want to enjoy what I have now instead of waiting for my magical golden ticket to arrive, and I think I can.

I'm starting to get excited for fall. The leaves are turning colors up here and everything is beautiful. The weather is awesome today. Thanks for reading my ramble!

8 comments:

The Ross Family said...

Hooray!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Congratulations!!!!!!

Jenkins Family said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news! Kids are the greatest. Crazy. But wonderful. I also loved the broadcast last night. It is always such a refresher to life.

irigoyen said...

CANNOT WAIT!!!!! EEK! you guys are going to be awesome parents! love ya both!!!

julie said...

So I've been meaning to call you every single day since I found out...which was Saturday night because Brandon forgot to mention it! He got in big trouble. Anyway, if Finn isn't napping or crying, Liam is busting his head open and getting stitches...so one of these days if it calms down even for a second, I must call you! First pregnancy and first baby is so magical. Soak it in!

Britta said...

Congratulations! I had rough pregnancies so I can't say that part was awesome but the reward at the end is amazing! Being a parent is the hardest but best thing you will ever do!

Joe and Savanna said...

Thanks everyone. We are very excited and the more it sinks in that I'm pregnant the more nervous I get...I'm sure it will all be fine though! Just different and don't know what to expect!

Kristine said...

Congratulations! Sorry I am little late on the news! But I am really happy for you!

Justin and Kristin said...

Wow! CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you! Good luck!
I'm sure you two will do wonderfully in the play too!