Sunday, September 11, 2011

camping with.......

My parents! Yes that's what I said with my parents- which was most definitely a first. I don't know how she did it, but Katie convinced them to come. I think it helped that it was only for one night! Unfortunately Nate and Abby weren't able to make it and we missed them!

We met up at Birch Creek and camped the night there. When we got there Katie and Adam had dinner just about ready and it was very yummy - scones and cheesy chicken dutch oven stuff. Joe made breakfast in the morning- breakfast hash - potatoes, cheese, egg, sausage, and onion. I was thankful that it turned out well because I was nervous mom would hate it - but it didn't end up being as cold or as smokey as I thought it would be. (Here in Salmon we have a few big fires and there is a perma- haze going on).

Saturday we packed up and went on a drive to the Gilmore town site. Then we went up to meadow lake and fished a bit. I caught two tiny fish that promptly made it off my line. I think Joe caught about six or seven little guys, none of which we kept, which is really okay by me. Mom kept feeding this chipmunk hamburger buns.




We had a good time and I think mom might actually agree to go again next year! Go HERE for more pics.

2 comments:

A&K Johnson said...

She'll only come if I tell her to cuz I am awesome!!!

Justin and Kristin said...

Yay!