Saturday, March 12, 2011

visitors

This weekend my parents, sister Katie, and her husband Adam came to Salmon to visit. I was so glad to see them! We had a good time, or at least I did. We mostly just hung out. We went on a couple of drives. Mom and dad took us out to dinner at the 28 Club which I really like. Dad and I made breakfast scones this morning and "the girls" and I made Fettuccine Verde and cheesecake for lunch. The visit ended too fast, but it was good. We didn't have too many problems with Ginger while they were here. Unfortunately mom and dad were woken up by a mouse in the wall and dad came downstairs to sleep. At least it wasn't crawling on them I guess... Anyway I'm just glad that they came. I love you guys! I wish Abby and Nate could have come too!

I got my first bountiful basket today. It had pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries, blackberries, apples, bananas, broccaflower, asparagus, green beans, roma tomatoes, and romaine lettuce. I feel like I'm forgetting something... but I really do think this will help with the grocery budget. I had know idea how many people do this either. My basket was #86 and I think there were at least that many more after me. I think I'll keep doing it!

Ginger keeps growing. She is fully recovered from her spay surgery last month. She is teething right now and has no more primary front teeth, which is nice because those things are so sharp and pointy! We have fun figuring out new ways to play with her. He new favorite toy is a piece of Joe's old jeans. We are also trying to step up the training. We have to get the jumping up on people to stop. She is really pretty obedient though. She can catch the toy we throw to her and she likes to play fetch even though she likes to play keep away when she gets over to us with it.


Playing with her new favorite toy


She has fun trying to get it off her neck - its quite hilarious to watch!



I know some of you, well actually probably most of you will think this is weird, but I just have to say that I have a fascination with teeth, which is why I clean people's teeth all week. I just had to take a picture of one of the teeth Ginger lost. They are so cool - way different than people teeth. Anyway, its just a picture - I threw the actual tooth away, so you can think what you want. If you didn't already know I was strange then you don't really know me.



Well, this must be all for now because I need to work on my sunday school lesson for tomorrow and maybe take a nap!

1 comment:

Justin and Kristin said...

Glad you had visitors. Maybe we'll come up for a Sunday drive in when it gets nicer!
That is a good toy idea for a dog! She is cute.
I have a piece of bone from my horse when he got hurt. I never thought about keeping a dog tooth, but I've only found a couple of them. We keep our kids', why not our dogs I guess, hahaa.