Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hunt Happenings

A lot has been going on this month for us. August 1st we went to Idaho Falls to be at my cousin's wedding. Christie and Joey were married in the Idaho Falls temple. It was pretty awesome. Their reception was beautiful! The next day we went to Twin Falls for another wedding. Joe's friends Mike and Christy were married in the Twin Falls park. Congratulations guys!

I then went on an unexpected trip to Oregon with my dad. My great grandma passed away and we went to her funeral. She was 98 years old! I'll miss her, but look forward to the day that I can see her again. Even though the reason for the trip wasn't the happiest, it was a good trip. I got to see a lot of family that I hadn't seen for a few years.

August 12th was Joe's birthday! Twenty nine years old! He had to play a show that night so we didn't do much but I did make him a banana cream pie - his favorite!

August 13th was our third wedding anniversary. Sometimes it seems like its been a lot longer than that, but not in a bad way. We went to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. Joe doesn't like country music so its not his favorite place, but he was so nice to take me anyway!

Now, I'm just trying to gear myself up for school again. I start next Friday, the 22nd which is also my little sister Abby's birthday. She will be 18! I really can't believe that she is that old. Anyway, I'm ready to start again I think. I haven't had enough to do this summer and have been super lazy. I just need to get my house cleaned and stuff so I don't have to worry about it on the first days of school!

Oh! My family stopped by on their way to Twin Falls yesterday and brought me the copy of Breaking Dawn that they have. I've been reading it almost constantly since. Its very good so far, but I do have to say a little disturbing!

5 comments:

Justin and Kristin said...

That is so wierd, my Grandpa is 97 and your Great Grandma is 98. That's an entire additional generation at practically the same age. Crazy!

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

Hey! Found your blog on facebook! I love that main pic of you and your hubby! School .. ready or not here we come! See you Friday!

The Ross Family said...

I've just started blogging and noticed you have a blog listed on facebook : ) Sounds like you guys have been as busy as us. I hope school goes well for you. Have you finished Breaking Dawn since your last post? It's pretty crazy, huh?!

Kristine said...

I found your blog off of Carmen's! Happy 3rd anniversary. And you mentioned reading Emma- I love that book. I just watched the movie again with Gwyneth Paltrow. My husband watched it with me and asked when it was over- is that all the women thought about?? Getting married? Haha. Anyway, this is turning into a novel, but I just wanted to say hello!

Kitty Crazy! said...

hey savanna! happy late anniversarry. sounds like a good one. your picture at the top of the blog is really pretty! its a really good pic. i cant believe abby is 18 either! that's crazy talk. well say hi to joe! i hope his music is going well. i wish i was there so i could come listen again.
-sarah palmer cook